Kara S. Holtz
- Family Law
- Child Custody and Support
Kara Holtz is a Certified Family Law Specialist by the California State Bar Board of Legal Specialization. Kara founded the Law Offices of Kara S. Holtz in 2009. Kara began working in family law in 1994 with the Family Violence Law Center where she worked for eight years.
Educated in the Bay Area
Kara graduated from the University of California at Berkeley with a Double Bachelor of Arts Degree in Legal Studies, focused on the history and philosophy of the law, and Rhetoric. Kara obtained her Juris Doctorate Degree from Golden Gate University School of Law in San Francisco, in combination with completing work in Golden Gate University’s Master in Business Administration Department. Kara also studied law abroad at Oxford University in the United Kingdom.
Extensive Litigation Experience
Kara has substantial experience litigating, mediating, and settling all aspects of family law matters. Some attorneys do not handle complex custody, while others do not handle Domestic Violence. Because Family Law is so complex, often times a Client’s case has many facets, and Kara has extensive experience in most all Family Law Matters. Kara has also handled a number of appeals for certain long-time high net worth clients, who trusted her work product given the long-term relationship. With this experience, Kara is now confident in her abilities to take on her client’s appellate work if required.
Offices Serving the Whole Bay Area
With offices in Marin County and San Mateo County, the Law Offices of Kara S. Holtz has offices servicing the entire Bay Area. The Law Offices of Kara S. Holtz has extensive experience working in the Superior Courts of Marin County, San Mateo County, San Francisco County, Sonoma County, Contra Costa County, Santa Clara County, Shasta County, Siskiyou County, Los Angeles County, and Alameda County. Kara believes it is more important to work with clients and attorneys you trust, than ones that are conveniently located. Trust is at the heart of the attorney client relationship. Kara takes great pride in the trust her clients place in her care, and works very hard to earn and maintain that trust. Usually, no matter is as important as your family law matter.
Relationships with Experts
Kara has an extensive network of leading experts all over the Bay Area to handle complex litigation and those matters requiring expert opinion.
Kara is also a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America, The Trial Lawyer Honorary Society.
Ms. Holtz spent eight years with the Family Violence law center providing legal service to survivors of domestic violence.
- Golden Gate University School of Law, San Francisco, California
- Juris Doctorate
- University of California, Berkeley, California
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts
- Major: Rhetoric and Legal Studies
- Golden Gate University
- Course work towards M.B.A., Master of Business Administration
- Oxford University
- Ms. Holtz successfully completed the 2002 Institute on International and Comparative Law in Oxford, and was awarded a Certificate of Completion in 2002
- American Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- State Bar of California
- San Mateo County Bar Association
- Marin County Bar Association
- San Francisco Bar Association
- Certified Domestic Violence Advocate, Family Violence Law Center
- The California Supreme Court Historical Society
- The Cal Alumni Association
- Santa Clara Bar Association
- Litigation Counsel of America, Order of Justitia, Fellow
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Family Law Specialist by the California State Bar Board of Legal Specialization
Current Employment Position
- As early as 10/8/1998 Ms. Holtz was honored for her dedication to the elimination of domestic violence through the Family Violence Law Center.
- As early as 5/25/2000 Ms. Holtz received an honor by the state bar of California for Voluntary Provision of Legal Services to the Poor and was awarded the Wiley W. Manuel Award for pro bono legal services by The Board of Governors of the State Bar of California.